Get here SSC CHSL LDC-DEO Answer key 15 Nov 2015. Staff Selection Commission conducted successfully SSC CHSL (10+2) LDC & DEO exam on 15 November 2015 in various center all over India. A lot of aspirants appeared in the SSC CHSL LDC DEO examination from all over the nation. Official SSC CHSL (LDC DEO) Answer Key 15 Nov 2015 will be released soon on official website www.ssc.nic.in
There is a good news for those aspirants who are searching the SSC CHSL LDC-DEO Answer Key. Before Official Answer Key, We are publishing here SSC CHSL LDC and DEO morning shift Answer Key along with Question paper. Eager candidate can check their performance in the examination and download the answer key. SSC CHSL LDC and DEO exam pattern is as follows.
SSC CHSL LDC and DEO has objective type question with four answer and every question has a negative marking. Marks obtained in exam=(Total correct Answer *1)-(Total incorrect answer*0.25). Mentioned above may differ from the Official.
SSC CHSL LDC-DEO Answer Key 15 Nov 2015:
Department Name: Staff Selection Commission
Exam Name: Combined Higher Secondary level (10+2) exam
Vacancies Post: Lower Division Clerk, Data Entry Operator, Sorting Assistant, Postal Assistant
Number of Vacancies: 6578
Total Marks: 200
Duration: 120 Minutes
Further procedure: Skill Test/ Typing Test
Official Website: ssc.nic.in
Part-I: General Intelligence
- Prem has a son named Anand. Rajiv is Prema’s brother. Neha has a daughter named Rashmi. Neha is Rajiv’s sister. What is Anand’s relationship to Rashmi?
- If two days back it was 9th November 2014 and it was a Sunday, then tomorrow will be?
(a) 12th November 2014, Tuesday
(b) 12th November 2014, Wednesday
(c) 12th November 2014, Thursday
(d) 13th November 2014, Wednesday
Directions: In question number 3 and 4, from the given alternative words, select the word which cannot be formed using the letters of the given word:
- If the given interchanges are made in signs and numbers, which one of the following equation is true? (Signs: ¸ and +, Number: 6 and 5)
- In certain code PEN is coded as 123, PENCIL as 123456, CABLE as 48962, then 6283123456 means what?
- If 246=8, 624=0 and 327=6 then 423=?
- In a certain code MISCHIEF is written as NKVGMOLN, then is RELIBVED written in that code?
Directions: In question number 9 to 13, a series is given with one term missing. Choose the correct alternative form the given ones that will complete the series.
- 7, 18, 40, 73, 117, ___?
- AFKPU, BGLQV, CHMRW, ______
- 3, 5, 9, 15, 23, 33, 45, 59, ______?
- OTE, PUF, QVC, RWH, ____?
- 16, 61, 25, 52, 36, 63, 49, ____?
Directions: In question numbers 14 and 15, one statement is given, followed by two assumptions, I and II. You have to consider the statement to be true, even if they seem to be at variance from commonly known facts. You have to decide which of the given assumptions, if any, follows from the given statement.
- Statement: The impact of economic sanctions on economy, that is already so weak could devastating.
Assumption I: Economic sanctions impact only a weak economy.
Assumption II: The impact of economic sanctions varies from economy to economy.
(a) Only I is implicit
(b) Only II is implicit
(c) Neither I nor II are implicit
(d) Both I and II are implicit
- Statement: “There is very heavy traffic on the road between 5-7 pm. We need to have a flyover in this area”. A planning engineer said in a meeting.
Assumption I: Heavy traffic should be regulated.
Assumption II: Previous planning engineers did not do much about heavy traffic.
(a) Neither I nor II are implicit
(b) Both I and II are implicit
(c) Only Assumption I is implicit
(d) Only Assumption II is implicit.
Directions: In question numbers 16 to 24, select the related word/letters/ number from the given alternatives.
- Patient:Fowler Bed:: _ ?__
(c) Necklace: Adornment
- 7:77:: ?
Directions: In question number 25 to 33, find the odd word/number/letters/number pair from the given alternatives.
- (a) 54:17
- (a) FoMY
- (a) 7689
- (a) Sub-marine
- (a) Gear
- (a) KNXY
- (a) 15:120
- (a) PN
- (a) BSNL
- On arranging Atomic Age, Metallic Age, Stone Age, Alloy Age in a meaningful order (starting from the earliest) which would appear in the 3rd position?
(a) Atomic Age
(b) Alloy Age
(c) Stone Age
(d) Metallic Age
- Which one set of letters when sequentially placed at the gaps in the given letter series shall complete it?
- Arrange the following words as per their order in Dictionary.
(1) Cinnabar (2) Cinder (3) Cinema (4) Cinnamon (5) Cinchona
(a) 5, 2, 3, 1, 4
(b) 5, 2, 1, 4, 3
(c) 2, 3, 5, 4, 1
(d) 4, 1, 5, 2, 3
- Arrange the words in ascending order of their magnitude
(1) Mega (2) Kilo (3) Tera (4) Giga
(a) 2, 1, 4, 3
(b) 2, 4, 3, 1
(c) 1, 2, 3, 4
(d) 1, 3, 2, 4
Directions: In question number 38 to 41, a series is given, with one term missing, Choose the correct alternative from the given ones that will complete the series.
- Q walked 20 m towards west, took a left turn and walked 20 m. He then took a right turn and walked 20 m and again took a right turn and walked 20 m. How far is Q now from the starting point?
(a) 80 m
(b) 120 m
(c) 40 m
(d) 50 m
- Sitara walked 45 metres in North-West from her uncle’s house. There she met her friend and they walked 45 metres in South-West direction. Then they walked 45 metres in South-East direction and turned to uncle’s house. Now in which direction they are going?
- From the given answer figures, select the one in which the question figure is hidden/embedded.
Option (D) is correct
- Which answer figure will complete the pattern in the question figure?
Option (A) is correct
- A piece of paper is folded and punched as shown below in the question figures. From the given answer figures, indicate how is will appear when opened.
- Identify the answer figure from which the piece given in the question figure have been cut.
Option (B) is correct
- Which one of the following diagrams best depicts the relationship among Plant, Animal, Deer.
Option (D) is correct
- Find water image of
Option (B) is correct
- A word is represented by only one set of numbers as given in any one of the alternatives. The sets of numbers given in the alternatives are represented by two classes of alphabets as in two matrices given below. The columns and rows of Matrix I are numbered from ) to 4 and that of Matrix II are numbered from 5 to 9. A letter from these matrices can be represented first by its row and next by its column, e.g., ‘A’ can be represented by 03,120 etc., and ‘n’ can be represented by 56,65 etc. Similarly, you have to identify the set for the word ‘DRAW’.
(a) 23, 57, 30, 68
(b) 14, 89, 12, 78
(c) 41, 66, 23, 55
(d) 32, 75, 44, 76
Part-II: English Language
Directions: In question number 51 to 54, our of the four alternatives, choose the one which can be substituted for the given words/sentences and indicate it by blackening the appropriate circle [•] in Answer Sheet.
- Animals living in water.
- Someone not fit to be closed
- A person who steals the writing of others.
- A person who steals the writing of others.
Directions: In question number 55 to 58, some parts of the sentence have errors and some are incorrect. Find out which part of a sentence has an error and blacken the circle [•] corresponding to the appropriate letter (A), (B), (C). If a sentence is free from error, blacken the circle corresponding (D) in the Answer Sheet.
- Electronic mail or E-mail (a)/ are a method of exchanging (b)/ digital messages (c)/ No error (d)
- You must abide on (a)/ the terms of (b)/ this government (c)/ No error (d)
- I will have (a)/ both the blue (b)/ or the black pen (c)/ No error (d)
- My wife having finish her work (a)/ rushed to meet me (b)/ at the event (c)/ No error (d)
Directions: In question number 59 to 62, sentences given with blanks to be filled in with an appropriate word(s). Four alternatives are suggested for each question. Choose the correct alternative out of the four and indicate it by blackening the appropriate circle [•] in the Answer Sheet.
- He agreed ______ my business proposal.
- This are suffers from _________
- _____ is the way to the zoo?
- All of us are developed ________ one another.
Directions: In question numbers 63 to 72, in the following passages some of the words have been left out. Read the passages carefully and choose the correct answer to each question out of the four alternative and fill in the blanks.
If you 63 to be free from all physical aches and pains, and enjoy perfect physical harmony, then put your mind in order and 64 you thoughts. Think joyful thoughts; think loving thoughts; Let the 65 of good will 66 through your jealousies, your suspicions, you worries, your hatred, your selfish indulgences, and you will pur away you indigestion, your sickness, your 68 and 69 . If you will 70 clinging to these 71 and demoralizing habits of minds, then do not complain when your body is 72 sickness.
- (a) will
- (a) regulate
- (a) potion
- (a) race
- (a) cast away
(c) throw off
- (a) happiness
- (a) joy
- (a) persisting
(b) continue to
(c) indulge in
(d) care to
- (a) worse
- (a) laid low with
(b) affected to
(c) laid up with
(d) lying with
Directions: In question numbers 73 to 76, out of the four alternatives, choose the one which best expresses the meaning of the given word and mark it in the Answer Sheet.
Directions: In question number 77 to 80, choose the word opposite in meaning to the given word and mark it in the Answer Sheet.
Directions: In question numbers 81 to 84, a part of the sentence is underlined. Below are given alternatives to the underlined part at (A), (B), (C) which may improve the sentence. Choose the correct alternative. In case no improvement is needed your answer is (D). Mark your answer in the Answer Sheet.
- The medicine must be take by you.
(d) No improvement
- We stayed in Mumbai in five days.
(d) No improvement
- The Sutlej has changed it path.
(d) No improvement
- How many country are there in Europe
(a) countries are their in
(b) country are there in
(c) countries are there in
(d) No improvement
Directions: In question numbers 85 to 88, four words are given in each question, out of which only one word is correctly spelt. Find the correctly spelt word and mark your answer in the Answer-Sheet.
- (a) Remarkabel
- (a) Advertise
- (a) Reverberation
- (a) Prefference
Directions: In question number 89 to 90, a sentence has been given in Active/Passive Voice. Out of the four alternatives suggested, select the one which one best expresses the same sentence in Passive/ Active Voice and mark your answer in the Answer-Sheet.
- People say that he is a spy.
(a) He is a spy was said by people.
(b) A spy that he is said the people
(c) It has been said by the people that he is spy
(d) It is said that he is a spy.
- He is completed the assignments?
(a) Has the assignments been completed by him?
(b) Has the assignments being completed by him?
(c) Have the assignments been completed by him?
(d) Have the assignments completed by him?
Directions: In question numbers 941 to 94, the 1st and the last part of sentences are numbered 1 and 6. The rest of the sentence is split into four parts and named P, Q, R and S. These four parts are not given in their proper order. Read the sentence and find out which of the four combinations is correct. Then find the correct answer and indicate it in the Answer Sheet.
- In recent years
P. primarily because purchasing
Q. has grown more intense
R. price competition in most industries
S. managers now exert much influence
6. Over suppliers
- Without water
P. and consequently
Q. the oxygen content in the atmosphere
R. which carry out photosynthesis and release oxygen
S. these would be no animals or plants
6. Would go down
- The internet is
P. a worldwide network
Q. that should not be
R. regulated or censored
S. by any one country
6. Howsoever strong the temptation.
- Right from
P. have been used as measure of time
Q. prehistoric times
R. and have formed the basis of
S. the phases of the moon
6. The earliest calendar.
Directions: In question numbers 95 and 96, a sentence has been given in Direct/ Indirect. Out of the four alternatives suggested, select the one which best expresses the same sentence in Indirect/Direct and mark your answer in the Answer Sheet.
- Ashok said to me, “Your parents are waiting for you.”
(a) Ashok told me that his parents were waiting for him.
(b) Ashok told me that his parents are waiting for him.
(c) Ashok told me that my parents were waiting for me.
(d) Ashok told to me that my parents were waiting for me.
- The teacher said, “The Earth moves round the Sun.”
(a) The teacher told that the Earth moved round the Sun.
(b) The teacher told that the Earth has moved round the Sun.
(c) The teacher said that the Earth moves round the Sun.
(d) The teacher asked that the Earth moves round the Sun.
Directions: In question numbers 97 to 100, four alternatives are given for the Idiom\Phrase underlined. Choose the alternative which best expresses the meaning of the Idiom\Phrase and mark it in the Answer Sheet.
- To call it a day
(a) given the day a name
(b) put off work for another day
(c) the day was marvelous
(d) decide to finish working
- My brother puts by a little money every months.
(a) spends carefully
(d) gives away
- I was in two minds whether to buy a new television or a new computer.
(a) to lose one’s mind
(b) to be firm
(c) to be undecided
(d) to take decisions
- Ramah was on cloud nine when she heard that she had won the lottery.
(c) very happy
Part-III: Quantitative Aptitude
- The sum of two numbers is 75 and their difference is 25. The product of the two numbers is:
- The amount on ₹ 25,000 in 2 years at annually compound interest, if the rates for the successive years be 4% and 5% per annum respectively is:
(a) ₹ 28,500
(b) ₹ 30, 000
(c) ₹ 26, 800
(d) ₹ 27, 300
- A milkman mixed the water with milk to gain 25% by selling the mixture at cost price. The ratio of water and milk is:
- A, B and C can complete a work in 10, 12 and 15 days respectively. A left work 5 days before the work was completed and B left 2 days after A had left. Number of days required to complete the whole work was:
- An article is sold at a profit of 25%. If the selling price is doubled, the profit will be:
- If a2+b2+c2-ab-bc-ca=0, then a:b:c is:
- The ratio of circumference and diameter of circle is 22:7. If the circumference be 11/7m, then the radius of the circle is:
(a) 1 m
(b) 1/3 m
(c) 1/2 m
(d) 1/4 m
- If x+y+z+6 and xy+yz+zx=10, then the value of x3+y3+z3-3xyz is:
- If a2+a+1=0, then the value of a5+a4+1 is:
- The radius of base and curved surface area of a right cylinder is ‘r’ units and 4prh square units respectively. The height of the cylinder is
(a) 4th units
(b) h/2 units
(c) h units
(d) 2h units
- If 4sin2θ-1=0 and angle θ is less than 90o. The value of cos2θ+tan2θ is: (Take 0o<θ<90o)
- A train passes two bridges of lengths 500 m and 250 m in 100 seconds and 60 seconds respectively. The length of the train is:
(a) 120 m
(b) 152 m
(c) 125 m
(d) 250 m
- X can do a piece of work in 24 days. When he had worked for 4 days, Y joined him. If complete work was finished in 16 days, Y can alone finish that work in:
(a) 42 days
(b) 18 days
(c) 27 days
(d) 36 days
- The angle of depression of a point situated at a distance of 70 m from the base of a tower is 60o. the height of the tower is:
(a) 70 m
(b) 35√3 m
(c) 70√3 m
- In DABC, the external bisectors of the angles ÐB and ÐC meet at the point O. If ÐA=70o, then the measure of ÐBOC is:
- The sum of two numbers is 37 and the difference of their squares is 185, then the difference of the two numbers is:
- Out of 10 teachers of a school, one teacher retires and in place of him a new teacher 25 years old joins. As a result of it average age of the teachers reduces by 3 years. Age of the retired teacher (in years) is:
- A single discount equivalent to the series of discounts 20%, 10% and 5% is equal to:
- The marked price is 10% higher than the cost price. A discount of 10% is given on the marked price. In this kind of sale, the seller:
(a) loses 1%
(b) gains 2%
(c) bears not loss, no gain
(d) gains 1%
- The total surface area of a right circular cylinder with radius of the bae 7 cm and height 20 cm, is:
(c) 140 cm2
- The distance between the centres of two circles of radii 6 cm and 3 cm is 15 cm. The length of the transverse common tangent to the circles is:
(a) 18 cm
(b) 12 cm
(c) 6√6 cm
(d) 7√6 cm
- If √7=2.646, then the value of 1/(√28) up to three places of decimal is
- State electricity board gives 15% discount on electric bill if it is paid before due date. One person gets ₹ 54 discount. The amount of actual bill was;
(a) ₹ 361
(b) ₹ 362
(c) ₹ 359
(d) ₹ 360
- Six numbers are arranged in decreasing order. The average of the first five numbers is 30 and the average of the last five numbers is 25. The differences of the first and last numbers is:
- The value of
(2- 1/3)(2-3/5)(2-5/7)…….(2-997/999) is:
- If (x+1)/(x-1)=a/b and 1-y/1+y=b/a, then the value of x-y/1=xy is
(b) 2ab / (a2-b2)
- E is the mid-point of the median AD of D BE is joined and produced to meet AC at F. F divides Ac in the ratio:
- A car goes 20 metres in a second. Find its speed in km/hr.
- ABCD is a cyclic trapezium whose sides AD and BC are parallel to each other; if ÐABC=75o, then the measure of ÐBCD is:
- The sum of money which when given on compound interest at 18% per annum would fetch ₹ 960 more when the interest is payable half yearly than when it was payable annually for 2 years is:
(a) ₹ 50, 000
(b) ₹ 60, 000
(c) ₹ 30, 000
(d) ₹ 40, 000
- A hemi-spherical bowl has 3.5cm radius. It is to be painted inside as will as outside. The cost of painting it at the rate of ₹ 5 per 10 sq. cm will be
(a) ₹ 50
(b) ₹ 77
(c) ₹ 100
(d) ₹ 175
- If the angel of elevation of the sun changes from 45o to 60o, then the length of the shadow of the pillar decreases by 10 m. The height of the pillar is:
(a) 5(3+√3) m
(b) 5(3-√3) m
(c) 5(√3+1) m
(d) 15(√3+1) m
- The exponential form of √(√2 x √3) is:
- If 0o<θ<90o and cosec θ=cot2θ then the value of the expression cosec4θ – 2 cosec3θ +cot2θ is equal to :
- 20 litres of a mixture contains milk and water in the ratio 3:1. Then the amount of milk to be added to the mixture so as to have milk and water in the ratio 4:1 is:
(a) 6 litres
(b) 7 litres
(c) 4 litres
(d) 5 litres
- If bananas are bought at the rate of 4 for a rupee, how many must be sold for a rupee so as to gain 100/3%?
- If x – 1/x=2, then the value of x3 – 1/x3 is
- The ratio of the length of a rod and its shadow is 1:Ö The angle of elevation of the sun is:
- The area of a circle whose radius is the diagonal of a square whose area is 4 is:
- A man bought some eggs of which 10% are rotten. He gives 80% of the remainder to his neighbors. Now he is left out with 36 eggs. How many eggs he bought?
- A rectangular carpet has an area of 120 m2 and a perimeter of 46 metre. The length of its diagonal is
(a) 21 metre
(b) 23 metre
(c) 13 metre
(d) 17 metre
Directions: Study the Pie chart carefully and answer the questions 42-45.
- Number of students who are members of both the clubs is;
- Percentage of students who are not members of any club is
- Ratio of members of cricket club only and football club only is:
- Number of students who are members of cricket club only:
- If the income of company Q in 2001 was 10% more than 2000 and the company had earned a profit of 20% in 2000, then its expenditure in 2000 (in crores ₹) was:
- The companies M and N together had a percentage of profit/loss of;
(a) 10% profit
(b) No loss and no profit
(c) 12% loss
(d) 10% loss
- In 2001, the approximate percentage of profit/loss of all the five companies taken together is equal to:
(a) 4% loss
(b) 6.88% loss
(c) 4.65 % profit
(d) 6.48% profit
- The company earning the maximum percentage of profit in the year 2001 is:
- For company R, if the expenditure had increased by 20% in the year 2001 from the year 2000 and the company had earned profit of 10% in 2000, the company’s income in 2000 was (in crore ₹);
Part-IV: General Awareness
- People Down’s syndrome invariably affected by
(a) Alzheimer’s disease
(b) Huntington’s disease
(d) Brain haemorrhage
- Which is the best planned city in India
(a) New Delhi
- J.B. Say’s Law of Market was not accepted by
(b) David Richardo
(c) Adam Smith
- World Human Rights Day is observed on
(a) April 8
(b) December 10
(c) September 5
(D) December 7
- The name of the Laccadive, Minicoy and Amindivi island was changed to Lakshadweep by an act of Parliament in
- Ezra cup is associated with which sports?
- When was the railway system established in India?
The Ist battle of Panipat was fought in the year:
- Who is the author of the book “Magic Seeds”?
(a) Vikram Seth
(b) V.S. Naipaul
(c) Cyrus Mistry
(d) Jhumpa Lahri
- How many organ are there in U.N.O.?
- Which of the following monuments is the oldest?
(a) Qutub Minar
(b) Ajanta Cave
(d) Taj mahal
- Which bank is limited to the needs of agriculture and rural finace?
- The abbreviation LHC stands for which Machine?
(a) Light Heat Collider
(b) Large High Collider
(c) Large Hadron Collider
(d) Long Heavy Collider
- The National Emblem of Italy is
(c) White Eagle
(d) White lily
- The Phenomenon which causes mirage is:
(d) Total internal reflection
- Jaunary 15 is celebrated as
(a) Makar Sakaranti
(b) Republic Day
(c) Labour Day
(d) Army Day
- Life originated by chemosynthesis was proved in the laboratory by
- The disease which has been eradicated?
(b) Chicken pox
(d) Small pox
- Which of these travels in glass with minimum velocity?
(a) Green light
(b) Violet light
(c) Yellow light
(d) Red light
- Excretion in Hemichordates takes place by
- Who was the first Vijayanager ruler to wrest the important fort of Goa from the Bahamainis?
(a) Bukka I
(b) Reva Raya II
(c) Hari Hara II
(d) Hari Hara I
- Air is said to be saturated when
(a) its pressure is minimum
(b) it contains maximum contents of water vapour
(c) it blows over the barren
(d) its thickness is maximum
- Normal blood pressure reading of an adult human
(a) 130/90 mmHg
(b) 160/95 mm Hg
(c) 120/80 mmHG
(d) 80/120 mmHg
- Hari Prasad Chaurasia is a renowned player of
- The Slogan “Garibi Hatao” was included in the
(a) Second Plan
(b) Fourth Plan
(c) Fifth Plan
(d) First Plan
- In India, Dugong (Sea cow) is found in the bio-reserve site of?
(b) Nok rek
(c) Gulf of Mannar
- The use of heat of ore that includes smelting and roasting is termed
- Which amendment of the constitution lowered the voting age from 21 years to 18 years?
(a) 61st Amendment
(b) 60th Amendment
(c) 63rd Amendment
(d) 64th Amendment
- Project Tiger was introduced in
- ‘Madhubani’ a style of folk paintings is popular in which of the following states in India?
(a) West Bengal
(b) Madhya Pradesh
(c) Uttar Pradesh
- Where do Bhagirathi and Alaknanda join Ganga?
(a) Dev Prayag
(b) Rudra Prayag
(c) Karan Prayag
- Atom having the same number of ptotons but different number of neutrons are called;
- To become a judge of the High Court one must be a practicing advocate of the High court for at least
(a) 20 years
(b) 10 years
(c) 15 years
(d) 5 years
- USB is _____ type of storage device
- Damping off of seedlings is caused by
(a) Phytophthora infestans
(b) Albugo candida
(c) Pythium debaryanum
(d) Peronospola parasitica
- Soap helps in better cleaning of clothes because
(a) It absorbs the dirt
(b) It reduces the surface tension of solution
(c) Soap acts like catalyst
(d) It gives strength solution
- Which of the following is commonly used in preparing custard powder?
- To conserve coral reefs the Govt. of India declared one of the following as Marine Park.
(a) Andman Islands
(b) Gulf of Kutch
(c) Lakshadweep Island
(d) Gulf of Mannar
- The deficiency of Vitamin A causes?
(c) Night Blindness
- Who was Akbar’s Guardian?
(b) Amir Khusru
(c) Abul fazal
(d) Bairam Khan
- The fatest, costlier and relatively small form of storage managed by computer system hardware is:
(a) Main Memory
(d) Flash Memory
- Who advocated Nazism in Germany?
(a) Fedrick William IV
(c) Adolf Hitler
(d) William III
- The Capital of Rawanda is
- The development process under capitalism has been described as “creative Destruction” by
(b) J.S. Mill
(c) Karl Marx
- All vital atmospheric processes leading to various climatic and weather conditions take place in the
- Whcih of the following is one of the characteristics of civil services in India?
(a) Neutarality and Impartiality
(b) Temporary Political Executive nexus
(d) All of the given Options
- Who invented the battery
- Indian Economy is a
(a) Mixed Economy
(b) Communist Economy
(c) Capitalist Economy
(d) Independent Economy
- Richter scale is used for measuring
(a) Density of liquid
(b) Velocity of wind
(c) Humidity of air
(d) Intensity of earthquake
- What is the name of Research Station established by Indian Govt. for conducting research at Antarctic?
(a) Uttaru Gangotri
(b) None of the options
(c) Dakshin Gangotri