Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission successfully held written exam for Village Administrative Officer (VAO) recruitment 2016 on 28.02.2016 (Sunday). VAO is a state level exam which held on all over the state and several candidates appeared in this examination. Appeared candidates will search search an educational websites as like www. edupil.com & careervender.com for checking answer key official website www.tnpsc.gov.in
Before an Official Answer Key Solved Paper’s talented teachers providing you a tentative and reliable Answer Key. So, eager candidates can check their answers in the examination with unofficial Answer Key and can make their satisfaction in the examination.
TNPSC VAO Answer Key 28 Feb. 2016 :
81. Parotid gland is affected by
A. A(H1N1) virus
B. Hepatitis B-virus
C. Polio virus
D. Mumps virus
82. The founder of Nalanda University
A. Chandra Gupta I
B. Kumara Gupta
C. Skanda Gupta
D. Samudra Gupta
83. Which party in Tamil Nadu first introduced “Free Noon-Meal” scheme?
B. Justice party
C. Swarajya party
D. Dravidian party
Note : 1923 by Justice Party
After Independence by Congress
84. Most of the Mangrove (Sundari) trees are found in the deltas of
85. A major user of wind energy in the world is
C. South America
D. North America
86. Rank the First Four largest paddy producing countries in Asia
A. India, China, Indonesia, Bangladesh
B. Indonesia, Bangladesh, India, China
C. Bangladesh, India, Indonesia, China
D. China, India, Indonesia, Bangladesh
87. Consider the following statement, choose the correct answer :
Assertion (A) : “Liberty means the absence of restraints” –Prof. Seely.
Reason (R) : Liberty is the eager maintenance of that atmosphere in which men have the opportunity to be their best selves.
A. Both (A) and (R) are True
B. (A) is True (R) is False
C. (A) is False (R) is True
D. (A) and (R) both False
88. Lok Adalat was introduced in
89. If a particular amount distributed to each of 14 students is Rs.80 more than the amount distributed to each of 18 students, find the amount
90. Find the sum of the following series 22 + 32 +….. + 202
91. Mr. Raghuveer Chaudhary has been nominated for the 51st Jnanpith Award in December 2015. His language of expertise is
92. Name the country that has approved World’s First Dengue Vaccine
93. Choose the correct descending order of hierarchy in the District Revenue Administration.
A. Collector – District Revenue Officer – Revenue Divisional Officer –
B. District Revenue Officer – Collector – Revenue Divisional officer – Tahsildar
C. Revenue Divisional Officer – District Revenue Officer – Collector – Tahsildar
D. Tahsildar – District Revenue Officer – Revenue Divisional Officer – Collector
94. Who is responsible for maintaining and reporting of survey stone?
A. Panchayat Secretary
B. Public Welfare Officer
C. Director of Survey
D. Village Administrative Officer
95. Consider the following statements :
Assertion (A) : Government cannot claim any right over the trees in private lands.
Reason (R) : Under the Tamilnadu Panchayat Act 1994 certain lands vest in the local body the Panchayat have rights over the trees in these lands.
A. Both (A) and (R) are false
B. Both (A) and (R) are true (R) does not explain (A)
C. (A) is false but (R) is true
D. Both (A) and (R) are true (R) explains (A)
96. The cells which provide nourishment to developing sperms
A. Sertoli cells
B. Interstitial cells
C. Egg cells
D. Follicle cells
97. What is Mediasteanum?
A. Membrane around the lungs
B. Membrane around the heart
C. Membrane around the kidney
D. Space between the two lungs
98. Hazardous bio-medical wastes are usually disposed off by means of
A. Land fills
B. Deep well injection
D. Surface impoundment
99. Consider the following statements :
I. Cave Pillars are formed when stalacties and Stalagmites meet together.
II. Delta is a depositional feature of almost triangular shape at foot hills. Which of the statements given above is/are correct?
A. I only
B. Both I and II
C. II only
D. Neither I nor II
100. Choose the correct answer :
The Atmospheric layer where the decrease of temperature with increasing elevation at a Normal lapse rate.
101. In Tamil Nadu, the State Human Rights Commission was constituted in
102. Match the following :
a. Age of voting 1. Election Commission
b. Symbols allocation 2. 18 years
c. Open ballot 3. 42nd Amendment
d. Fundamental duties 4. Raising hands
a b c d
A. 1 2 3 4
B. 2 1 4 3
C. 3 4 2 1
D. 4 3 1 2
103. Find the value of (1-1/3) (1-1/4) (1-1/5) ………(1-1/100)
104. If a : b = 2 : 3, b : c = 6 : 5 and a + b+ c = 30, then 2a + 3b + 4c is
105. Find the value of (0.98)³ + 3(0.98)² (0.02) + 3(0.98)(0.02)² + (0.02)³
106. Which state government has launched Anwesha Scheme in December 2015 to provide quality education to scheduled caste and scheduled tribe students?
107. In September 2015, the Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu inaugurated a new park inside the Vandaloor Zoo. It is the
A. Butterfly Park
B. Elephant Park
C. Tiger Park
D. Bird Park
108. How many types of wet lands are there?
109. What is registered in B memo by the Village Administrative Officer?
B. Patta transfer
D. 2C patta
110. The Birth and Death should be Registered within the time of , in respect of villages.
A. 21 days
B. 23 days
C. 24 days
D. 25 days
111. Which among the following register is maintained for Lease Land?
A. ‘A’ Register
B. ‘B’ Register
C. ‘C’ Register
D. ‘D’ Register
112. Match the List I with List II and select correct answer using the codes below the lists.
List I List II
a. Glycolysis 1. O2 is not utilized
b. Kerb’s cycle 2. ATP are produced
c. Electron transport chain 3. Oxidation of pyruvic acid
d. Fermentation 4. Occurs in cytoplasm
a b c d
A. 3 4 2 1
B. 4 3 2 1
C. 1 3 4 2
D. 2 4 1 3
113. The Treaty of Purandhar was signed in the year
A. 1656 AD
B. 1655 AD
C. 1660 AD
114. Consider the statement and choose the correct answer from the codes given below :
Assertion (A) : The partition of Bengal came into effect on 16th October 1905.
Reason (R) : It resulted in Swadeshi Movement in Bengal.
A. (A) is true but (R) is false.
B. Both (A) and (R) true (R) is not the correct explanation of (A).
C. Both (A) and (R) true. (R) is the correct explanation of (A).
D. (A) is false but (R) is true.
115. The Government of India introduced the Right to Education on
A. 15th August 1947
B. 26th January 1950
C. 1st April 2010
D. 10th December 1789
116. Consider the following statements :
Assertion (A) : Tenth Five Year Plan Period was 2002 -2007
Reason (R) : Priority was given to reduction of poverty and population growth
A. (A) true but (R) is false
B. (A) false but (R) is true
C. (A) and (R) both are true (R) is correct explanation of (A)
D. (A) and (R) both are false (R) is not correct explanation of (A)
117. The total surface area of a cube is 384 cm2, then its volume is
A. 521 cm³
B. 512 cm³
C. 412 cm³
D. 421 cm³
118. The LCM and HCF of two numbers are 45 and 3 respectively, their sum is 24, what is their difference?
119. Find the sum of the first 40 terms of the series 12 – 22 + 32 – 42 + ……
B. – 820
D. – 870
120. Consider the following statement, choose the correct answer :
(1). Taluk A Register contains Village no, name and its hamlet names.
(2). Taluk C Register contains short term lease and long term lease particulars villages.
A. (1) and (2) are correct
B. (1) is correct and (2) is not correct
C. (1) and (2) are incorrect
D. (1) is incorrect and (2) is correct
121. Central Government’s Indradhanush Programme is related to
A. Rivers Link Programme
B. Immunization Programme
C. Rivers Cleaning Project
D. Clean India Project
122. The country that was affected by ‘Hurricane Patricia’ in October, 2015
D. Sri Lanka
123. The sub division Patta transfer order is issued by
B. Deputy Tahsildar
C. Revenue Inspector
D. Firka Surveyor
124. ‘BLO’ term related to
B. Disaster Management
C. Public Health
D. Patta Transfer
125. Consider the following statements :
Assertion (A) : Mitochondria are called power houses of the cell.
Reason (R) : Mitochondria contain enzymes necessary for the oxidation of food during respiration and release energy in the form of ATP molecules.
A. Both (A) and (R) are true (R) explains (A)
B. Both (A) and (R) are true (R) does not explain (A)
C. (A) is true but (R) does not explain (A)
D. (A) is false but (R) is true
126. who among the following was the political Guru of gandhiji?
A. G. Subramanya Iyyer
B. Surendranath Benerjee
C. Feroz Shah Mehtha
D. Dopala Krishna Gokhale
127. In which year Jawaharlal Nehru declared the “Poornaswaraj” of India?
128. Match the following List I – List II with suitable options:
List I List II
a. Lemon 1. Malic acid
b. Grapes 2. Oxalic acid
c. Tomatto 3. Citric acid
d. Apple 4. Tartaric acid
a b c d
A. 3 4 2 1
B. 3 2 4 1
C. 2 4 1 3
D. 4 2 3 1
129. Find the difference between simple interest and compound interest for a aum of Rs. 8,000 lent at 10% p.a. in 2 years
130. If A : B = 2 : 3 and B : C = 4 : 5 then find the ratio of C : A
A. 15 : 8
B. 8 : 15
C. 5 : 4
D. 5 : 20
131. If the height and the base area of a right circular cone are 5 cm and 48 sq.cm respectively, then the volume of the cone is equal to
A. 240 cm³
B. 120 cm³
C. 80 cm³
D. 480 cm³
132. The first Telungana Language Day was observed on
A. September 9, 2015
B. October 4, 2015
C. January 1, 2015
D. December 14, 2015
133. Which state launched e-Pragati in 2015, a scheme to bring all government services under one roof?
A. Andhra Pradesh
C. Uttar Pradesh
134. Village Account No. 1 deals with
A. Cultivation Account
C. Lease Register
D. Inam Register
135. Who will be Jamabandhi Officer for any Taluk?
A. Deputy Tahsildar, Tahsildar or Block Development officer
B. Tahsildar, Special Tahsildar or Block Development officer
C. deputy Tahsildar and Special Tahsildar
D. Deputy Collector, District Revenue Officer or District Collector
136. Who is the sanctioning authority for old Age Pension order?
A. Zonal Deputy Tahsildar
B. Head Quarter Deputy Tahsildar
C. Special Tahsildar (SSS)
137. Which of the following is called as an important agro-based industry?
138. Which one is not nitrogen fertilizer?
A. Ammonium sulphate
139. Plants which grow in saline swamps develop numerous upright aerial roots from normal roots that are called
A. Respiratory roots
B. Prop roots
C. Parasitic roots
D. Epiphytic roots
140. Match the following and choose the correct answer from the codes given
A. Home Rule Movement 1. 1920
B. Non-Co-operation Movement 2. 1942
C. Salt satyagraha 3. 1916
D. Quit India Movement 4. 1930
141. Who is the political head of the Corporation?
142.The Election Commission of India is a/an
A. Independent body
B. Statutory body
C. Private body
D. Public corporation
143. The term of Jammu and Kashmir Legislative Assembly is
A. 4 years
B. 5 Years
C. 6 years
D. 7 Years
144. If A and B together complete a work in 20 days. If A alone completes the work in 24 days, then B alone completes the work in
A. 14 days
B. 44 days
C. 120 days
D. 48 days
145. Two numbers are 10% and 15% less than a third number. Find the ratio of the two numbers
A. 9 : 16
B. 9 : 14
C. 13 : 16
D. 18 : 17
146. Raman buys a washing machine for Rs. 13,500 and sells it at a loss of 12%. What is the selling price of the washing machine?
147. Poet Bharathi’s works in 16 volumes, consisting over 10,000 pages is compiled by
A. Seeni Viswanathan
B. Sri Krishna
148. The New Science ‘ECONOMETRICS’ is a combination of
A. Economics, History, Physics
B. Economics, Maths, Statistics
C. Economics, Maths, Computer Science
D. Economics History, Ethics
149. In Land Survey, one link is equal to
A. 0.20 metre
B. 0.10 metre
C. 20 metre
D. 1 metre
150. Part Time Village Officers Abolition Act came into force in the year
151. A marginal farmer-means one who is holding
A. 1.25 Acres of Wetland (or) 2.5 Acres of Dry land (or) less than both
B. 2.5 Acres of Wetland (or) 5 Acres of Dry land (or) less than both
C. 2.5 Acres of Dry land (or) 5 Acres of Wetland (or) less than both
D. 1.25 Acres of Dry land (or) 2.5 Acres of Wetland (or) less than both
152. Point out the wrong statement in the following statements: Statements:
A. Destitute widow certificate is issued by the Tahsildar
B. Village Administrative officer is the Registrar for Births & Deaths in the Village Panchayats
C. Legal-Heirship certificate is issued by the Tahsildar
D. Income certificate is issued by the Tahsildar
153. Some metals are used to manufacture coins. Among the metals, which are called coinage metals?
A. Cu, Co, Hg
B. Au, Ag, Cu
C. Ag, As, Sb
D. Fe, At, Pb
154. I. Sodium hydroxide is used to remove grease stains from cloths
II. Calcium hydroxide is used in the manufacture of wax
III. Ammonium hydroxide is used in the white washing of builings
IV. Magnesium hydroxide is used as medicine for stomach troubles. Of these
A. I and II correct
B. II only correct
C. III and I correct
D. IV only correct
155. Consider the following statements:
Assertion (A) : The right to Information Act was passed by the Parliament on 12th October 2005
Reason (R) : Parliament passes the Act to enable all the citizens’ fundamental right to access information from public bodies.
A. Both (A) and (R) are individually true
B. (A) is true but (R) is false
C. Both (A) and (R) are false
D. (A) is false but (R) is true
156. Where K. Kamaraj was kept in prison in 1930? Where did he hoist the Indian National Flag in 1947?
A. Alipore, sathyamoorthy’s house
B. Delhi, Chennai Fort
C. Andaman, Delhi fort
D. Vellore, Virudunagar Home
157. _______describes the social condition of the Sangam Tamils.
158. An employee spends on an average Rs. 2,500 for the first 8 months of a year and Rs. 1,500 for the next 4 months. If he saves Rs. 10,000 that year, then his monthly income is Rs.
159. A Mother is 20 years older than her daughter, 4 years before she was 5 times of her daughter’s age at that time. How old is the daughter now?
160. Which bank has launched M – Visa mobile Payment solution in October 2015?
161. The 43rd Chief Justice of India appointed in December 2015 is
A. Justice K.N. Basha
B. Justice H.C. Dattu
C. Justice Swatantra Kumar
D. Justice T.S. Thakur
162. 70th Anniversary of United Nations Foundation Day was on
A. 24 October 2015
B. 12 October 2015
C. 21 October 2015
D. 15 October 2015
163. The Revenue Court in the state deals with which among the following case?
A. Cases of patta transfer appeal
B. Cases of tenancy laws
C. Cases of stamp duty
D. Cases of ‘UDR’ correction
164. Match List I with List II & select the correct answer using the codes given below the lists:
List I List II
a. Devadayam 1. Inams granted to charitable service institutions such as
b. Dharmadayam 2. Inam granted to religious personnels such as prohits and Panchangis
c. Dasabandham 3. Inam granted to religious institutions and their related services
d. Brahmadayam 4. Inam granted for support of works on irrigation under maintenance
a b c d
A. 3 1 4 2
B. 2 3 4 1
C. 1 2 3 4
D. 3 4 2 1
165. To hear a distant echo, the surface reflecting the sound should atleast be at a distance (Take velocity of sound in air = 340 m/s)
A. 34 m
B. 17 m
C. 51 m
D. 10 m
166. When steam is passed over red hot iron, the products formed are
A. FeO and H2
B. Fe2O3 and H2
C. Fe3O4 and H2
D. Fe and H2O
167. Krishnadevaraya wrote Amuktamalyada in the language of
168. Who was received the award of ‘Ezhisai Mannar’ through Dr. S Dharmambal?
A. T.K. Bagavathy
B. M.K. Radha
C. M.K. Thiyagaraja Bagavathar
D. N.S. Krishnan
169. Which is known as “Whispering gallery”?
B. Jumma Mosque
170. Who is the Chairman of Indian Planning Commission?
A. President of India
B. Prime Minister of India
C. Finance Minister of India
D. Vice President of India
171. Primary Sector consists of
C. Tele Communication
172. The First demographer was
A. T.R. Malthus
B. Adam Smith
C. J.S. Mill
D. Karl Marx
173. The Indian Constitution consists of fundamental rights under Part
A. Part IV
B. Part III
C. Part II
D. Part I
174. If TNPS = 5791 and CUP = 169. Then CPU = ?
175. The H.C.F. of x³ + 1 and x4 – 1 is
A. x³ – 1
B. x³ + 1
C. x + 1
D. x – 1
176. Which country is set to become the firstever cashless country in the world?
177. Which Indian cricketer has become the first batsman to cross the 10,000 run mark in Ranji Trophy Tournaments?
A. Abishek Nayar
B. Parthiv Patel
C. Wasim Jaffer
D. Baba Aparajith
178. India’s First Dolphin Reserve Community is established in
C. Tamil Nadu
D. West Bengal
179. which railway station has become the first visually challenged friendly station in India?
A. Mysuru railway station
B. Bengaluru railway station
C. Delhi railway station
D. Pune railway station
180. The income certificate is valid only for months/year from the date of issuance.
A. one year
B. 3 months
C. 6 months
D. 2 years
181. Other Backward classes (OBC) certificate is issued by
A. District Collector
D. Revenue Inspector
182. Which one of the following forms is used for Death reporting?
A. From – 2
B. From – 5
C. From – 1
D. Form – 4
183. Identify the process(es) from the following which involves absorption of heat:
A. I and II only
B. I and III only
C. II and III only
D. I only
184. I KM (A), 1 light year (B) and 1 Astronomical unit (C) are related as
A. A = B = C
B. A < B < C
C. A < B > C
D. A > B > C
185. Mass of an object is 10 kilogram. Its weight on the earth and is space respectively and
A. 5N, 10 N
B. 10N, 10 N
C. 10N, zero N
D. 98N, zero N
186. The King who issued the infallibility decree was
187. The tower of Arunachalaeswara temple was completed by
A. Thirumalai Neyak
C. Vijaya Ragava
188. The excavation of the Indus Valley Civilization was done in
189. The physiocrafts considered only the following as productive occupation
A. Manufacturing Industry
C. Service Sectors
190. The difference between NNP and NDP
B. Current transfers from rest of the world
C. Indirect tax
D. Net factor income from abroad
191. What is the age limit of Judges of High Court?
192. The Chairman of the Constitution Drafting Committee was
A. Dr. B.R. Ambedkar
B. Dr. Sinha
C. Dr. Rajendra Prasad
D. Jawaharlal Nehru
193. deals with the socio-economic development and empowerment of women through self-help groups.
A. Short Stay Home
B. Family Counselling Centres
D. Skill development
194. A tap can fill a tank in 15 minutes. Another tap can empty it in 20 minutes. Initially the tank is empty, if both the taps start functioning at the same time, when with the tank become full?
A. 1 hour
B. 3 hours
C. 2 hours
D. 4 hours
195. IF ROAD is coded as URDG then SWAN is coded as
196. India’s first dedicated scientific mission to study the outermost layer and the chromosphere of sum is
197. Which country was recently declared the cow as its National Animal?
198. The scientist who explained “Big Bang Theory” at first was
A. Edwin Hubble
B. Ab George Lematry
199. 1 Cent is equal to
A. 435.6 sq. ft
C. 100sq. meter
D. 1089 sq.ft
200. In which of the following lands the land lease is not banned?
A. Water course poramboke, like lake, Eri and pond
B. Meikkal and gracing ground poramboke
C. Burial grounds
D. Un assessed dry waste