Indian Post Office (IPO) has successfully conducted the West Bengal Post Circle Postal Asst. & Sorting Asst. exam on 25th May 2014. Eager candidates who want to check their performance their examination can check IPO West Bengal PA/SA Answer Key here.
Official IPO West Bengal PA/SA Answer key will be released soon on official website pasadrexam2014.in. A lot of aspirants appeared on this state level exam. Which held in the various center all over the state. Those Aspirants who wants to know their performance in the examination can check here full Answer key before official Answer Key. Unofficial IPO West Bengal PA/SA Answer key is prepared by our team. This Exam has four part General Ability, Math, Reasoning, and English. IPO West Bengal PA/SA Exam Paper full Solution & Explanation is also available.
IPO West Bengal Postal Asst. & Sorting Asst. Answer Key:
1. Indian first took part in the Summer Olympic Games in the year:
2. The ozone layer in the atmosphere is at a height of about
3. Which one of the following peripherals cannot serve as both input and output devices?
- Floppy disk drives
- Optical disc dives
4. Which Sikh guru was given land by Akbar for construction of Harmandir Sahib (Golden temple)?
- Guru Angad
- Guru Amardas
- Guru Ramds
- Guru Arjun Dev
5. Army Day is celebrated on …. … …. in India in recognition of Field Marshal K. M. Cariappa’s taking over as the first Commander-in-Chief of the Indian Army from Sir Francis Butcher in 1948.
- January 20th
- January 12th
- January 15th
- December 26th
6. The most powerful computer is-
- Super computer
- All of these
7. The headquarter of the International Court of Justice is at :
- The Hague
8. Which country won the One day Cricket World Cup in 2011?
- Sri Lanka
9. An ecosystem is a/an
- undisturbed natural area
- system of organisms and their environment
- area rich in wildlife having no humans
- very large area of uniform environment conditions
10. When does World Health Organization organize ‘World Aids Day’ :
- 1st December
- 2nd December
- 10th December
- 15th December
11. Which of the following year is celebrated.as International Year of the Shark?
12. One cannot see through fog because
- fog absorbs light
- the refractive index of fog is infinity
- light suffers total reflection at the droplets in fog
- light is scattered by the droplets in fog
13. An electric switch is always connected to the
- earth wire
- neutral wire
- line wire
- none of these
14. Indian National Congress was founded by
- Jawaharlal Nehru
- Michael Hume
- Allan Octavian Hume
- Mahatma Gandhi
15. Whose death is unknown in 1857 Revolt?
- Tantiya Tope
- Nana Saheb
- Rani Jhansi
- Bahadur Shah ‘Jafar’
16. Ranji Trophy is associated with:
- None of these
17. The East Central Railway Zone headquarters is located at
18. When is world Environment Day, recognized by the UN?
- December 11th
- December 12th
- September 15th
- June 5th
19. Who among the following was the first Indian to receive the Magsaysay award?
- Vinoba Bhave
- Mother Teresa
- R. K. Laxman
- T. N. Seshan
20. The celebrated novel ‘The Godfather’ was authored by
- John Milton
- Victor Hugo
- Mario Puzo
- Harold Robbins
21. Which of the following disease occurs due to the bacterial infections?
- Small pox
22. The first lady of the Indian screen to had been nominated to the Rajya Sabha is-
- Hema Malini
- Shobhana Bhartia
23. The highest wheat-proaucing State of India is
- Uttar Pradesh
24. Indira Gandhi Award for National Integration was accorded by which of the political parties?
- Indian National Congress
- Bhartiya Janta Party
- Samajwadi Party
25. How may squares are there in a Chess Board?
26. Find the value of:
28. A can do a piece of work in 20 days which B can do in 12 days. B worked at it for 9 days. A can finish the remaining work in :
- 3 days
- 5 days
- 7 days
- 11 days
29. If a: b = 3: 4 and b : c = 8: 9, then a : c =? 3lTR a: b = 3: 4 3tR b: c = 8: 9 ~ m a: c =?
- 1: 2
- 3 : 2
- 1 : 3
- 2 : 3
30. Harsha makes a fixed deposit of Rs. 20000 in Bank oflndia for a period of3years. If the rate of
interest be 13% SI per annum charged half-yearly, what amount will he get after 42 months?
31. There are 1240 employees in an organization out of which 25% are promoted. How many such employees are there who got promotion?
32. Find the average of first ten prime numbers.
33.A man covers half of his journey at 6 km/hr and the remaining half at 3 km/hr. His average speed is:
- 3 km/hr
- 4 km/hr
- 4.5 km/hr
- 9 km/hr
34. What will be the difference between compound and simple interest on Rs. 11, 000 for 2 years at 6% p.a?
- Rs. 39.60
- Rs. 41.40
- Rs. 38.70
- Rs. 35.50
35. Find the value of:
469157 x 9999 =?
- 3 : 8
- 8 : 3
- 5 : 8
- 3 : 5
37.Find the value of:
38. How is ¾ expressed as percentage?
39. If 5 boys take 7 hours to pack 35 toys, how many boys can pack 65 toys in 3 hours?
- None of these
40. A man bought toffees at 6 for a rupee. How many toffees for rupee must he sell to gain 50%?
41. In a ∆ABC, if2∠A = 3∠B = 6∠C, then ∠B=?
42. The difference between the simple interest received from two different sources on Rs 1500 for 3 years is Rs 13.50. The difference between their rates of interest is :
43. A man sells his typewriter at 5% loss. If he sells it for Rs. 80 more, he gain 5%. The cost price of typewriter is.
- Rs. 1600
- Rs. 1200
- Rs. 1000
- Rs. 800
44. A car covers a distance from town A to town B at the speed of 58 km/h and covers. the distance from town B to town A at the speed of 52 km/h. What is the approximate average speed of the car?
- 55 km/h
- 52 km/h
- 48 km/h
- 60 km/h
45. Find the value of:
46. Find the value of:
5940 ÷ 30 + 6 = ?
48. Find the value of:
49. Find the HCF of 5/6, 15/8 and 24/32
- None of these
50. Average 9f 5 numbers is 50. If every number is multiplied by 2, find the new average.
51. On the basis of the given sentence pick out the correct sentence converted in Interrogative from the given options :
The moon is shining in the sky.
- will The moon shine in the sky?
- Is the moon shining in the sky?
- shall The moon shine in the sky?
- The moon shines on the sky
52. In the following question identify the correct sentence/s.
(I) The weather can’t be predictable.
(II) Poisonous snakes can be easily identified.
(III) He thinks so much about his career that he has no time for their family.
(IV) The new windscreen designs are supposed to be in the process of being destructible by vandals.
- I and IV
- I, II and III
- II only
- III and II
53. Find out the error part of the following sentence :
Whatever work (A)/ that which you undertake (B)I put your best (C)/ efforts in it. (D)
54. Fill in the blanks with appropriate conjunction :
Melanie ……….. at the moment.
- is eating
- are eating
- is eat
55. Find the synonym of:
56. Find out which part of the sentence has an error. If there is no mistake, the answer is (D).
The blinds (A) I deserve (B) I our sympathy. (C) I No error (D)
57. Choose the suitable option that describes the meaning of the words or phrases printed in italics in the following sentences :
They sold his house because it was a real white elephant :
- an expensive one
- a big one
- a useless one
- a rare thing
58. Find out the error part of the following sentence :
The villagers fled away their houses (A)/ when they saw (B)/ the flood water rising. (C)/ No error (D)
59. Analogies for
WHEEL : SPOKE ::
- tea : sugar
- pen: cap
- ladder : rung
- lever: balance
60. Choose the most suitable preposition:
We must conform .. …….. the rules of the game.
61 . On the basis.of the given sentence pick out the correct sentence converted in Past Tense from the given options :
He has two pens.
- He have two pens.
- He will have two pens
- He will has two pens
- He had two pens.
62. Antonym for :
63. Choose the option that describes the meaning of the following idioms and phrases :
To draw the line :
- to decide one’s occupation
- to prepare for a battle
- to set limits
- to with draw from activity
64. Find the synonym of:
65. Analogies for :
FEATHER : BIRD : :
- snake : scale
- bark : tree
- human: epidermis
- hump : camel
66. Fill in the blank with appropriate given option:
Are you going to …… market?
67. In the following question identify the correct sentence/s.
(I) Those not under the confluence with the mask are much more concerned with the things at hand.
(II) They see no reason of building castles in the air and certainly no reason to go live in them.
(III) They will not dare to dream and will like things to be as they appear or seem to appear.
(IV) They do not question and certainly do not venture to know more than what is let known to them by their predecessors.
- I and II
- I, III and IV
- I,II and III
- None of these
68. Fill in the blank with appropriate given option:
The Ganga is ……. holy River.
69. Find out which part of the sentence has an error. If there is no mistake, the answer is (D).
He was honorably (A) I acquitted from (B) I the charge. (C) I No error (D)
70. Choose the most suitable preposition :
A father is blind ………. the faults of his son.
72. Find the synonym of:
73. Fill in the blanks with appropriate conjunction:
I go to Mexico every year so I ….. , ………. … Spanish.
- used to speak
- am used to speaking
- has to have called
- must have called
74. Antonym for:
75. Find out which part of the sentence has an error. If there is no mistake, the answer is (D).
None could (A) I dare to encroach (B) I on his rights. (C) I No error (D)
76. Choose the correct mirror image from the alternatives (A), (B), (C) and (D) of the figure given.
77. Jayesh is as much younger to Anil as he is older to Prashant. If the sum of the ages of Anil and Prashant be 48 years, what is the age of Jayesh?
- 20 years
- 24 years
- 30 years
- None of these
78. Rahim started from point X and walked straight 5 km West, then turned left and walked straight 2 km and again turned left and walked straight 7 km. In which direction is he from the point X?
79. In the following question one number is missing in the series. You have to understand the pattern of the series and then insert the missing number.
5, 7, 11, 19, 35, 67, ……. , 259
80. In the following question four words are given, out of which three are same in one way or the other and the forth one is different from the other three. Select the odd one.
81 . In the following question three out of four alternatives contain letters of the alphabet placed in a particular form. Find the one that does not belong to the group.
82. At the end of a business conference, ten people present shake hands with each other once. How many handshakes will be there all together?
83. Arrange the words in a meaningful logical order and then select the appropriate. sequence from the alternatives provided below:
1. Poverty 2. Population 3. Death 4. Unemployment 5. Disease
- 3, 4, 2, 5, 1
- 2, 4, 1, 5, 3
- 2, 3, 4, 5, 1
- 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
84. A watch reads 4.30. If the minute hand points East, in what direction will the hour hand point?
85. Choose the correct mirror image from the alternatives (A), (B), (C) and (D) of the figure given.
86. In the following question, select the correct option of the question asked. Which number will come opposite to number 2?
87. In the following question, which one of the four Answer -Figures on the right should come after the Problem Figures on the left, if the sequence is to continue?
88. Find out the missing number in the following:
89. How many O’s are there in the following number series which are not immediately followed by 3 but immediately preceded by 2 ?
90. If BROWN is coded as ZPMUL, then VIOLET will be coded as
91. In the following question one term in the number series is wrong. Find out the wrong term .
10, 41,94, 1624, 2516, 3625, 4936
92. A man said to woman,”Your mother’s husband’s sister is my aunt” How is the woman related to the man?
93. Arrange the words in a meaningful logical order and then select the appropriate sequence from the alternatives provided below:
1. Curd 2. Grass 3. Butter 4. Mille 5. Cow
- 5, 2, 4, 1, 3
- 5, 2, 3, 4, 1
- 4, 2, 5, 3, 1
- 2, 5, 4, 3, 1
94. In the following question, select the correct option of the question asked.
Which symbol will appear in place of’?’?
95. In the following question, which one of the four Answer Figures on the right should collie after the Problem Figures on the left, if the sequence is to continue?
96. In the following question, which one of the alternative figures will complete the given figure pattern?
97. In the following question four words are given, out of which three are same in one way or the other and the forth one is different from the other three. Select the odd one.
98. Find out the missing number in the following:
99. In the following question, which one of the alternative figures will complete the given figure pattern?
100.In a certain code, GIGANTIC is written as GIGTANCI. How is MIRACLES written in that code?