India Post Office has successfully conducted the Odisha Post Circle exam for Postal Asst. & Sorting Asst. on 27th April 2014. IPO Odisha PA/SA Answer key will be published soon by the Official website http://www.indiapost.gov.in/. Unofficial IPO Odisha Answer Key is Available here.
Eager aspirant want to check their performance in the exam of IPO Odisha circle. Unofficial IPO Odisha PA/SA Answer Key is prepared by our team. This state level exam held in the various center all over the state and a lot of aspirants appeared in this exam. There are 100 Questions in this paper and all questions have objectives type. There is four part in this paper General Ability, Reasoning, Math, and English. This Question paper Full Solution and Explanation is also available.
IPO Odisha PA/SA Answer key:
1. Which of the following award is associated with Agriculture?
- Bourlog Award
- Shanti Swaroop Bhatnagar
- Arjun Award
- Vyas Samman
2. February 14 is observed as –
- World Vegetarian Day
- United Nations Day for South-South Cooperation
- Valentines Day
- United Nations Day, recognized by the UN
3. The book ‘discovery of India’ is written by :
- Mahatama Gandhi
- Subhash Chandra Bose
- Jawaharlal Nehru
4. A person who uses his/her expertise to gain access to other people’s computer to get information illegally or do damage is called as
- Instant messenger
5. How many players are there in a water polo team?
6. At the time, when Nadir Shah attacked Delhi, the Mughal Emperor was
- Ahmad Shah
- Bahadur Shah
- Muhammad Shah
- Shah Alam II
7. Arrange the following states in the increasing order of population
1. Andhra Pradesh 2. West Bengal 3. Bihar 4. UP
- 1, 2, 3, 4
- 1, 2, 4, 3
- 2, 1, 3, 4
- 2, 1, 4, 3
8. To which one of the following process is the term CMYK related?
- railway signaling
- offset printing
- electronic voting machine
9. The Lakshadweep Islands are situated in
- Indian Ocean
- Arabian Ocean
- Bay of Bengal
- None of these
10. Which day is the International Human Rights Day?
- December 10th
- October 24th
- November 25th
- None of these
11. Output devices make it possible to…………….
- View and print a data
- Scan a data
- Input a data
- Sending a data
12. Who is the author of the book ‘New Dimensions of India’s Foreign Policy’?
- AB Vajpayee
- Jaswant Singh
- PC Alexander
- Yashwant Sinha
13. The Olympic Games in 2016 will be held in
14. Who amongst the following Englishmen, first translated ‘Bhagvad-Gita’ into English?
- William Jones
- Charles Wilkins
- Alexander Cunningham
- John Marshall
15. Effect of pollution is most marked on
- natural balance of nature
- natural flora of place
- Natural geochemical cycles
- All of the above
16. The first satellite launched by India was called
- Bhaskara I
- Bhaskara II
17. In which year was the Indian Space Research Organization (ISRO) founded?
18. Which of the following awards was conferred on Mrs. Kiran Bedi?
- Golden Globe
- Rani Lakshmi
19. The United Nations declared 2006 as the International Year of –
( Wrong Question/Answer – Marks for All)
- World Population
- Elderly persons
20. Who has written the book ‘War and Peace’?
- Khushwant Singh
- Mikhail Solokhov
- Count Leo Tolstoy
- Saul Bellow
21. What is the function of the I/O units of a computer system?
- To initialize the process of recovery of data of the crashed computer
- To exchange the information of windows with CPU
- To reset or restart the computer when it is booted
- To exchange the information of computer with the outside world
22. India won its first Olympic hockey gold in ……………………?
23. Who among the following was the author of Tarikh-i-Alai, which contains Sultan AlauddinKhilji?
- Shams SirajAfif
- Amir Khusrau
24. Which of the following states has the maximum total forest cover in India?
- Arunachal Pradesh
- Madhya Pradesh
25. The normal temperature of human body is
26. Find the mean proportional between 9 and 64.
27. Find the value of:
28. Find the value of:
29. Convert into a vulgar fraction.
30. A sum becomes its double in 10 years. Find the annual rate of simple interest.
31. What amount will be received on a sum of Rs. 1750 in 2 (1/2) if the interest is compounded at the rate of 8% pa?
- Rs. 2125
- Rs. 2122.85
- Rs. 2100
- Rs. 2200
32. 20 g is what percent of 1 kg?
- 7 %
33. Find out the average of first ten even numbers.
34. A person buys a watch for Rs. 500 and sells it for Rs. 300. Find his loss percent
35. In how many years will a sum of Rs. 19200 placed at 10% per annum compound interest yield an interest of Rs. 4032?
- 1½ Years
- 2½ Years
- 2 Years
- 3 Years
36. Find the value of:
(0.5% of 640) x (1.3% of 350) = ?
37. The average of 6 numbers is 30. If the average of first four is 25 and that of last three is 35, the fourth number is :
38. A shopkeeper claims to sell his articles at a discount of 5% but marks up his articles by increasing the cost of each by 10%. His gain percent is
39. In the given figure, AOB is a straight line,º∠ AOC = 68º and º∠BOC = xº, The value of x is :
40. Find the sum of place value of 6 and face value of 9 in 927653.
41. 20 men can cut 30 trees in 4 h. If 4 men leave the job, how many trees will be cut in 12 h?
42. A bus is running with a uniform speed of 37 km/h. What distance will be covered by bus in 8 h?
43. Which one of the following will divide completely?
44. 20 men complete one-third of a work in 20 days. How many more men should be employed to finish the rest of work in 24 more days?
45. A car covers a distance of 200 km in 2 h 40 min whereas a jeep covers the same distance in 2 h. What is the ratio of their speeds?
- 3 : 4
- 4 : 3
- 4 : 5
- 5 : 4
46. The sum of the ages of a father and his son is 100 now. 5 year ago, their ages were in the ratio of 2: 1. Find the ratio of the ages of father and son after 10 years from today.
- 4 : 3
- 5 : 3
- 3 : 5
- 10 : 7
47. Find the value of:
48. A tree increases annually by 1/8 th of its height. What will be its height after 2 years, if it stands 64 cm high today?
- 72 cm
- 74 cm
- 81 cm
- 85 cm
49. Find the value of:
3 x 0.3 x 0.03 x 0.003 x 30 = ?
50. A sum of money at simple interest amount to Rs. 2240 in 2 years and Rs. 2600 in 5 years. The sum is:
- Rs. 1880
- Rs. 2000
- Rs. 2120
- None of these
51. On the basis of the given sentence pick out the correct sentence converted in Negative from the given options :
You wasted your time.
- You not wasted you time
- You did not waste your time
- You wasted not your time
- You do not waste your time.
52. On the basis of the given sentence pick out the correct sentence converted in Negative from the given options:
A dog barks at a stranger.
- A dog will not bark at a stranger.
- A dog does not bark at a stranger
- A dog shall bark at a stranger
- Dog is not barking at a stranger
53. Antonym for :
54. Antonym for :
55. Find the synonym of :
56. Find the synonym of :
57. Find out which part of the sentence has an error. If there is no mistake, the answer is (D).
The famous Dr. Chandra (A) / is only dentist (B) / in our village. (C) / No error (D)
58. Find out which part of the sentence has an error. If there is no mistake, the answer is (D).
This is not the (A) / sense which (B) /concerns us here. (C) / No error (D)
59. Analogies for :
BOTANY : PLANTS ::
- geology : earth
- eggs : dozen
- teacher : class
- disease : etiology
60. Analogies for :
BUCKET : WATER ::
- milk : quart
- eggs : dozen
- shaker : salt
- river : ocean
61. Choose the option that describes the meaning of the following idioms and phrases :
To smell a rat :
- To suspect foul dealings
- to be in a bad mood
- bad smell
- sings of plague epidemic
62. Choose the option that describes the meaning of the following idioms and phrases :
Above board :
- able to face difficulties
- hard working
63. Fill in the blank with appropriate given option:
………….. lion is the beast of prey.
64. Fill in the blank with appropriate given option:
My uncle is ……………… S.D.O.
65. Choose the most suitable preposition :
He is a slur……………………his family.
66. Find out the error part of the following sentence :
Ajay is the most (A)/ succeeded for all (B)/the businessmen (C)/ in this city today. (D)
67. Complete the sentence with one of the word or phrase :
______________________ he came to the desert, night had fallen and he found himself alone.
- By the time
68. Choose the most suitable preposition :
No one can hinder him………………………..doing this.
69. Choose the most suitable preposition :
He took the man…………………hospital.
70. Find out the error part of the following sentence :
It was most (A)/ unfortunate that he (B)/ died at (C)/ early age of 41. (D)
71. Find out the error part of the following sentence :
In spite of toiling (A)/ very hardly he (B)/ realized that he had (C)/ not earned anything substantial. (D)
72. Fill in the blanks with appropriate conjunction :
………………………… six tables in the room.
- there is
- it is
- they are
- there are
73. Fill in the blanks with appropriate conjunction :
I ……………………… my sister for breakfast next week.
- will meet
- will have met
- am meeting
74. In the following question identify the correct sentence/s.
(I) I don’t like recorded music, I prefer the real thing.
(II) These items are the genuine articles.
(III) You can give a wide summary of something.
(IV) You can describe something in minute detail.
- I and III
- I and II
- II and IV
- III only
75. In the following question identify the correct sentence/s.
(I) Since 1996, it has been regularly been winning GM’s “Supplier of the year” award.
(II) It is on the urging of GM that SFL set up its China operations in May 2004 in Hainan province.
(III) A presence aboard means easier reaches to new markets.
(IV) This explains why TVS Group has also set up a motorcycle plant in China.
- I and III
- I, III and IV
- III and IV
- I and IV
76. Find the odd one out
77. In the following question, select the correct option of the question asked.Which alphabet will come on the opposite surface on which alphabet F appears?
78. Choose the correct mirror image from the alternatives (A), (B), (C) and (D) of the figure given on left side.
79. Choose the correct mirror image from the alternatives (A), (B), (C) and (D) of the figure given on left side.
80. If ‘ANT’ is coded as TNA what should be code for DIN.
- None of these
81. In the following question, which one of alternatives figure will complete the given figure pattern?
82. In the following question, which one of alternatives figure will complete the given figure pattern?
83. Introducing a man, a woman said, “He is the only son of my mother’s mother.” How is the woman related to that man?
84. Pointing to a girl in a photograph, a person says to his friend, “She is the grand-daughter of the elder brother of my father.” How is that girl in the photograph related to the man?
85. Find the missing number in the given figure:
86. In the following question, which one of the four Answer Figures on the right should come after the Problem Figures on the left, if the sequence is to continue?
87. In the following question select the option that continues the given series.
BAF, FAJ, JAN, NAR, ?
88. In each of the following question, select the related Letter from the given alternatives :
TEKCAR : RACKET :: TCEJBO 😕 (Wrong Question/Answer – Marks for All)
89. In each of the following question, a series is given with one term missing. Choose the correct alternative from the given ones that will complete the series.
4, 8, 24, 12, ?, 18, 54
90. Which one is like corrupt, dishonest & unscrupulous?
91. In this figure there are nine sections. What is the minimum number of colours required to colour the entire figure if no adjacent faces have the same colour ?
92. In the following question, which one of the four Answer Figures on the right should come after the Problem Figures on the left, if the sequence is to continue?
93. Arrange the following words as per order in the dictionary.
1. Preposition 2. Preoperatively 3.Preposterous 4. Preponderate 5. Prepossess
- 2, 4, 1, 5, 3
- 1, 5, 2, 4, 3
- 5, 4, 2, 3, 1
- 4, 2, 5, 1, 3
94. In the series, you will be looking at a letter pattern. Fill the blank in the middle of the series or end of the series.
SCD, TEF, UGH, ________, WKL
95. D is A’s son, C is the mother of P and wife of D. How is A related to C?
- None of there
96. Three of the following four are alike in a certain way and hence form a group. Which one does not belong to the group ?
97. If the 5th day of a month is Sunday, then what is the day on the 6th day prior to 26th of that month ?
98. There are five different houses, A to E, in a row. A is to the right of B and E is to the left of C and right of A. B is to the right of D. Which of the houses is in the middle ?
99. Find the missing figure from the given alternatives :
100. In the following question, four positions of the same dice have been shown. See these figures and select the number opposite to the number as asked in this question.
Which number is opposite to number 5?